Thursday, January 28, 2010

Steering past it

When i learnt how to drive, which is some two years back i noticed that in India how we drive is very similar to the way we work. We change lanes for which we overtake very often-from the left or right it doesn't matter as long as we get to the lane moving faster or from where we want to curve ahead. Everyone does it.

However the difference is some overtake without giving an indicator while some refuse to slow down even when they see the indicator blink. This is when accidents happen.

Incidentally I learnt how to drive around the same time I began my tryst with corporate life and no matter the number of scratches and dents in my car, I've never stopped driving or considered myself a bad driver. Also I no longer remain in a fowl mood for a very long time when there is an array of abuses from either side, I just let it pass and enjoy the music.

The same way I see a lot of crazy people at the wheel even at work, ready to overtake without the indicators on. The best way out is to let them collide head on into a pole. You'll feel sad sometimes when they blow off people in their way who did not see the indicators, learn from that. However some shrewd ones manage to elbow you at times but never let that make you lose track.

You cant break down.. you can only slow down when you've reached where you've wanted to go.








No comments:

Post a Comment