Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back in the game!

I oscillate. Sometimes I wonder if thats a kind of disorder. Besides myself I know just this one other friend of mine who has this tendency. Let me try my best to explain this.


See the both of us we're neither conformists nor whackos. While we do not judge people on their no-labelled trysts, we're also least likely to renounce a fast paced career and use up the savings (did i mention we're most likely to not be left with any savings) for a course in bar-tending. So we pretty much are yaba-daba-doing between the halo and the horns. Being in the middle however has its side-effects, in fact as per my theory the ones in the middle tend to, at times be at the most extreme end of one extreme compared to the extremists.


Second both of us love the spotlight in a not-so-obvious way. It is almost like we continue to do our own thing but we like to glance sideways every once in a while and pat ourselves on the back (mentally) for being natural crowd pullers.


Sigh.. I'm guessing this needs simplifying.. its just that every ordinary thing that people of the above cadre indulge in usually makes headlines and gets them the attention they pretend not to thrive on..NOW from here if they're suddenly thrown into a comfortable scenario where it is assumed they've lived their life, done their deeds and packed their bags; in short they're passé like a former-it rockstar who is now an old hag, what does one expect?


They will graciously succumb initially for I am sure they will have strong reasons to have made the dive in the first place but occasionally there will be some swimming against the tide. This I equate with my moments of pseudo single-dom where I dress to kill and when I simply love making conversation with those around me whom I will never make an effort to call back.  (One of my Golden pointers again: while doing this hold your drink in that hand where you're not wearing your wedding band ;)


In all fairness .. there is no harm in knowing you're back in the game that you created cheat codes for!

No comments:

Post a Comment