Saturday, March 20, 2010

The art of expression

Every girl dreams of a boy who is completely- immersed -neck deep in love with her. I want one like that too.. however I also want one who is slightly detached to keep me on my toes, to keep me wanting more.

Making a foray into understanding the above i figure post evaluation of a lot of cases that the 'you're my world' love becomes an irritant for people like me who love attention from all quarters and share independent and special equations with people who matter.

Having made this revelation known, the question was exactly how much is too much detachment. This results in a constant deprivation of latent unexpressed need states, ok in simpler words what frustrates you with this is you have your space but you still want to be treated like a princess- And that's not asking for a lot! To which one could retort " but you fell in love with me because i gave you space and now you want me to be demonstrative and suffocating". Correction: Demonstrative is not equal to suffocating when done moderately, in fact even if I may not reciprocate I will like it, in my head you get brownie points.

What we usually like is when you make an effort to place yourself right next to where we're sitting. When you offer to hold the bags. When you open the car door so that we can sit without our dress getting wrinkled. When you know when we ask you to leave us alone it actually means pester us till we tell you where you went wrong and plead guilty. When you don't give up and tell us how much you want to be with us even when we break up the 10th time and question our feelings and yours. When you roll up the window so that our hair does'nt get spoiled. When you admit that we are aesthetically more evolved and that our decision prevails in such matters. When you actually do a research before you take us out for dinner. When you flatter us and spoil us silly. When you text us for no specific reason.

If you don't do any of the above because you truly and genuinely cannot get hints and take us on face value, there's one thing which will make us pardon all your crimes: Its the way you look at us and the glint in your eyes which says that we're the most special person in the world and you cant get past a day without thinking about us. I guess Jane was bang on with her 'best part about the wedding' in 27 dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment