Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Wishing Well

I wish there was one in my backyard. I'd either plan my kitchen garden around it or do it up in stylish minimalism using small marble pebbles and white bricks with ivy creepers. 

If I could use it only once and only for myself I'd be confused between the following questions:
1. What am I born to do 
2. What should I do
3. What will I be happy doing

The determinants for the first two would be different- What am I born to do immediately links it to destiny. What should I do is an incomplete question; it should be followed by- what should I do if I'm looking to ...follow my creative pursuits or earn more money or travel the world etc.

What I'll be happy doing is one question which I may think could mean many things but all of which start with a warm fuzzy feeling in the belly. The scales don't weigh equally for long and a lot of times what upsets this state  is the contradiction of two things that make you happy and together they drive you mad (Not delirious with joy but like a raging bull attempting to run into a wall). You have trouble identifying them because they don't appear seemingly contradictory at all.  Warm baths make me happy and so do pretty dresses which happen to be expensive (lets put a number to that so you can get a clear picture- Rs. 25000 lets say). I never have to choose between them because they appeal to two entirely different need states. However my job which pays me that extra Rs. 25000 for the pretty dress doesn't give me the time to take pleasure in the nice long warm bath and if I decide to chuck it I won't really have that pretty expensive dress to put on. Hence Incomplete happiness is even more upsetting, at least if I had none I'd concentrate my efforts focusing on one. 

My random ramblings won't stop until I chase wholeheartedly and that's possible only if there's one direction to run in.

The wishing well project is my attempt to figure out which direction to head for. I know I want to do 'something', I think I know what puts a smile on my face. I have managed to turn anxious high pitched noises of people embedded in diaphragms into muffled voices. But what I still don't have is a game plan; I don't know if I need one.... all I need is a blur for me to scrape through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment